Featured Post

The root of American racism?

Before we knew there were races in this Nation, it was a matter of economic identity which kept indentured Europeans and African slaves in...

Friday, April 27, 2007

Typical Daily Update

Hi Mom, Everyone,

The floors were finished today, with grout included. The floor tiles in both the bathroom and the kitchen are the same, but will have slightly different grout colors to tie in the other features in each room. The toilet is now also installed and working (YEAAAAA!!!!). the kitchen cabinets are also all in, as well as the microwave. That includes the little cabinet for pots and pans which will also be a work surface for the stove. The electrical is not tied in anywhere in the new construction, however, and the pulls all yet have to go on to the doors and drawers.

Yet another person stopped by today to ask "Who did the landscaping?" It is certainly an eyecatcher. Today I spent some time in the yard because the weather was just too lovely to pass up. I trimmed the bottlebrush tree so it can be walked under without fear of poking something. A rose bush also got trimmed, as well as the birch in front. I did some cleanup in the back yard, but a good deal of time was used to clean the multitude of weeds from the junipers in front of the house. The Wong's benefited a bit from that as well, because I did their half of the junipers between the two driveways and some of their planter near the birch to "spruce" that up, lol! A little bit was done along Schmidt, from the corner up through the first section of fence.

The lawn is to be mowed by Wednesday. It is growing like wildfire! It is one of the richest greens I've ever seen. Everyone compliments Joseph's design and work. The painter, Frank, stopped by to check how it was going with the windows, and I told him that Marcio expected the windows to be arriving this week some time. He also said how nice the place looks, and I thanked him for his good work. I have had a chance to look around the house and see how they did things, and I was pleased to see that even the roof vents were nicely done to complement the house. Gia the realtor was here as well and like what she saw and unlike Marcio estimated ten days to completion. I hope Marcio's estimate of seven is more accurate. Gia also encouraged me again in my artistic pursuits. (I found a gallery in Albany that will take what I have on the coming truck on consignment as soon as it gets here.)

The next major thing outside is the back yard and finishing at least a cursory cleanup of the curb plantings on Schmidt. The garage driveway is now clear of debris, which clears the way for more cleanup in the back, of which there is a lot. I've got the behind the garage area done, and have started piles of various catagories of trash for disposal, recycling, greenwaste, and hasmats. Right now, the inside of the garage is a hasmat and maybe that will be my priority tomorrow as the dumpster will be useful in that regard.

Love and blessings,

Anton

No comments: